SUCCESS! Re: [Bioperl-l] wincvs

Mark Wilkinson mwilkinson@gene.pbi.nrc.ca
Fri, 01 Dec 2000 15:50:36 -0600

Matthew Pocock wrote:

> I use the same software to connect to biojava from my windows ME box. Great to hear
> that it works for you. The most important thing on my system was to set the HOME
> environment variable. SSH gave realy strange errors otherwise.

strangely, I have just discovered that these settings only work for the *anonymous*
CVS under windows, but not for my "real" login!  I get all sorts of crazy RSH errors
such as "bio.perl.org/-l directory doesn't exist"... very strange.  I just
double-checked my UN/PW in Linux and it works properly there, but it doesn't work at
all from Windows, even though the anonymous checkout works just fine (I just tested it
again...)

???  is there a fundamental difference between -d :pserver:  and -d :ext:  that I need
to understand first?

any advice appreciated,

Mark

--