[Bioperl-l] SeqFeature::Generic

Hilmar Lapp hlapp@gmx.net
Tue, 01 Aug 2000 02:20:15 +0200

1) There was a bug in frame() disallowing a value of 0 and allowing instead 3,
in contract to the doc that says: 0,1,2. I don't know whom this affected,
frame 0 shouldn't be so rare. Anyway, it's fixed now. (I.e., a value of 3 is
disallowed!)
2) For several extensions of SeqFeature::Generic I found it useful to have the
possibility for adding more description/annotation. I therefore added a method
annotation() to SeqFeature::Generic, which returns (and sets) a
Bio::Annotation object. Note that this slot is not allocated by default but
only when you actually request it, so it doesn't hurt memory-wise.

Any objections?

	Hilmar

Hilmar Lapp                                      email: hlapp@gmx.net
NFI Vienna, IFD/Bioinformatics                   phone: +43 1 86634 631
A-1235 Vienna                                      fax: +43 1 86634 727