Bioperl: Bioperl conference

Ewan Birney birney@sanger.ac.uk
Wed, 27 Jan 1999 09:30:45 +0000 (GMT)

On Tue, 26 Jan 1999, J. H. Park wrote:

> Hi Ewan,
>
> As a lot of people seem to be interested in Bioperl and perl
> for biology in general, how about organizing a small
> conference specifically for Biological Perl so that people
> can debate, contribute, day-dream about the future, exchange
> ideas and codes etc. It will be fun and informative.
> What do you think?

I think getting together is great news. I think the obvious thing
is to piggy-back another conference - in particular I am thinking
about ISMB. I don't know if anyone has started to seriously organise
that (does someone want to step forward?) but I guess we would be
looking to do something a little more structured than at the last ISMB,
though I don't think very structured.

Something to talk about definitely.

> Cheers,
>
> Jong