Bioperl: Blast.pm as BLAST filter?

Ian Korf ikorf@sapiens.wustl.edu
Fri, 10 Dec 1999 13:32:02 -0600 (CST)

Christian,

I've mangled a bit of my code to give you something which might be useful
to you. It allows you to read any BLAST report and filter it for scores,
percent identities, and P (or E) values for the HSPs and filter the Sbjcts
by their name. So you can get only those alignments better than score 100,
percent 90, and P 1e-20, and further get rid of anything matching "sapiens"
for example. The usage statement is pretty clear. It spits out the original
BLAST output. I haven't altered the header, so even if you filter off all
your alignments, you'll still have the summary info. It reads a file and
outputs to STDOUT. You may want to make the trivial change of it reading
from STDIN so you can pipe away.

-Ian Korf