Bioperl: BioPerl Module

guffanti@tigem.it guffanti@tigem.it
Thu, 13 Aug 1998 13:39:55 +0200 (MET DST)

Dear Colleagues:

I am developing a Perl Module for parsing a Blast output
and producing a graphical output in GIF format.
A preliminary version can be tested as part of another
program at

http://hercules.tigem.it/BLASTEXTRACT/estextract.html

I would like to contribute this to the BioPerl project, if you think
it could be suitable. I would appreciate your feedback, possibly
an help in testing and further developing this module.
I think that having a schematic of a Blast search results
(but less schematic than the one available from NCBI) can
be sometimes revealing and anyway useful to biologists.

Thanks for your time,

Alessandro.

Alessandro Guffanti - Informatics Core
TIGEM (Telethon Institute of Genetics and Medicine)
c/o DIBIT - via Olgettina, 58   20132 Milano, ITALY
Ph.  : +39-0221560.212	     Fax  : +39-0221560.220
email: guffanti@tigem.it        http://www.tigem.it