Bioperl-ANNOUNCE Changing of the Guard

Steve Chervitz sac@neomorphic.com (Steve A. Chervitz)
Wed, 19 Jan 2000 10:24:37 -0800 (PST)

=== This mail was sent via the Bioperl Announcement mailing list, see footer ===

           [majordomo's note: For followups see
            http://www.uni-bielefeld.de/mailinglists/BCD/vsns-bcd-perl/0001/
            Three cheers for Steve & Ewan !           -- Georg Fuellen]

[ Apologies if you receive multiple copies of this message.
  The topic is important enough to warrant sending to all Bioperl
  lists. ]

Bioperlers,

This is to announce that I am officially stepping down as chief
coordinator of the Bioperl project. I am passing the torch over to
Ewan Birney of the Sanger Center (birney@sanger.ac.uk).

Ewan has devoted a tremendous amount of energy to Bioperl over the
past year and a half and has continued to commit his resources towards
using, maintaining, enhancing the Bioperl code base.

I would like to emphasize that Bioperl is not a one-person
project. The job of the coordinator is to provide vision and to make
sure that the Bioperl distribution hangs together as an integrated
whole and generally, keeping everything is in good working order. The
writing & testing of modules, the reporting & fixing of bugs, and the
contribution of ideas & suggestions is a communal process.
Organizational & adminstrative tasks also require team effort.

I plan to remain involved with Bioperl as much as possible in
the future and I am pleased to be passing the torch to a capable
person. Take it away Ewan....

Steve Chervitz
sac@neomorphic.com

Project URL: http://bio.perl.org/