[BioLib-dev] installation - perl.h

Pjotr Prins pjotr.public14 at thebird.nl
Sun Apr 26 14:47:52 UTC 2009

Alright. I have narrowed it down - and it is kinda weird. When you
use a different Perl by overriding PERL_EXECUTABLE the dynamic
library fails to load (it gets found, as can be seen with export
PERL_DL_DEBUG=1 before running a test). It appears to be a mixup of
perl binaries not matching libraries causing the problem.

Don't you love dynamically linked libraries?

I'll resolve that soon. Most people won't encounter this as standard
Perl installations just work.

BTW could it be that perllib is statically linked against other XS
modules? That would not show with ldd. The XS stack methods have to
live somewhere and I would bet it is in perllib. But maybe I am
wrong, I haven't checked.

Pj.