[BioLib-dev] installation - on module names

Pjotr Prins pjotr.public14 at thebird.nl
Sun Apr 26 01:08:44 UTC 2009

On Fri, Apr 24, 2009 at 10:58:54PM -0700, Joel Martin wrote:
> is there there any interaction problem with changing the module
> names to conform with the guidlines in 'perldoc perlmodlib' ? and
> relatedly would changing staden_io_lib to just Stadenio cause
> trouble?

At this point: yes. The module names are 'logical' to BioLib and the
build system - as it is also the name of the path to the clib
sources. We may reconsider that later, but it ties in with automated
documentation and naming of modules for other languages. Let's aim
for functionality first (a Perl wrapper is easily written later - the
biolib interfaces tend to be low level anyway).

Currently the naming conventions are not carved in stone.

Pj.