[Biojava-l] Status of the project?

Jose Duarte jose.duarte at rcsb.org
Thu Jul 15 17:24:11 EDT 2021

Hi Richard

Welcome! The project is definitely alive and there are still frequent
contributions coming in. That said, most of the recent development has
happened in the biojava-structure module. Contributions are welcomed there
and elsewhere.

Regarding version 6, we are planning to release it as soon as possible. We
already have gone through a few alphas. For v6 we are trying to put
together any removal of legacy code and any necessary API changes needed to
continue pushing the project forward. Definitely, there's need to do some
updating of milestones in the github issues. We are trying to catch up with
that.

As you say, the mailing list has lost activity, but that's mostly due to
the move of discussions to github.

Jose