[Biojava-l] Issue with FASTA reader

Rojnuckarin, Dak atipatr at amgen.com
Mon Apr 17 16:43:14 UTC 2017

Hi,

I have a FASTA file that contain one sequence. I initialized FASTA reader as described in the tutorial, called process() and get one record as expected. However, if I re-initialized another FASTA reader opening the same one-record file, called process(1) and null is returned. If I tried to read two-record FASTA file, the first process(1) works, but not the second call to process(1) return null. Based on a superficial glance, it looks like the if statement at line 194 of FastaReader.java may be the culprit.

Test code attached.

Thanks,
Dak Rojnuckarin
Research Informatics