[Biojava-l] [Biojava-dev] Increasing Java version requirement for BioJava

Jose Duarte jose.duarte at rcsb.org
Wed Jan 13 01:09:30 UTC 2016

Thanks Spencer for the nice summary!

I'm going to give my vote to 1.8, because of all the new features and
because I think we really need to move forward in this one.

I would be in any case ready to compromise in 1.7 if we see that 1.8 will
really cut off a significant amount of users. With the condition that the
next release will then go to 1.8.

The only thing I feel strongly against is staying in 1.6. Whatever we do we
should avoid that.

Jose