[Biojava-l] biojava wiki update

Andreas Prlic andreas at sdsc.edu
Sat Apr 9 19:08:54 UTC 2016

Hi,

The BioJava wiki page at biojava.org went down a few days ago due to a
server hack that is still being investigated. In the meanwhile we have
switched the homepage

http://biojava.org

to the developmental new homepage that is built on top of jekyll and github
pages at

https://github.com/biojava/biojava.github.io

I just did another conversion of the mediawiki database to markdown and
pushed it there. There is still a lot of cleanup required but I feel that
we should move forward and work on making this the new and permanent
biojava.org site.

There are still some unsolved problems: e.g. how do we host javadocs and
the downloads that we used to provide. Much of the download nowadays
happens via maven central, but we still have a few custom files.

Andreas