[Biojava-l] PDBFileParser Error for PDB files without ATOM part for some chains defined in the header

Guoying Qi gqi at ebi.ac.uk
Wed Sep 16 09:59:48 UTC 2015

HI Andreas,

I am trying to read a local copy of PDB file.

Here is the code.

Thanks.

Guoying

        String pdbFileName = "testdata/test/pdb/pdb2ja5.ent";

        FileParsingParameters fileParsingParameters = new FileParsingParameters();
        fileParsingParameters.setStoreEmptySeqRes(true);
        fileParsingParameters.setLoadChemCompInfo(false);
        fileParsingParameters.setHeaderOnly(true);

        PDBFileParser parser = new PDBFileParser();
        parser.setFileParsingParameters(fileParsingParameters);

        BufferedReader pdbFileReader = new BufferedReader(new FileReader(pdbFileName));
        Structure structure1 = parser.parsePDBFile(pdbFileReader);

        System.out.println("***\n" + structure1 + "****\n");

        PDBFileReader pdbreader = new PDBFileReader();
        pdbreader.setFileParsingParameters(fileParsingParameters);
        Structure structure2 = pdbreader.getStructure(pdbFileName);

        System.out.println("***\n" + structure2 + "****\n");