[Biojava-l] Question about NiedlemanWunsch class

Andreas Prlic andreas at sdsc.edu
Tue Nov 4 22:30:16 UTC 2014

Hi Alexander,

Not sure, perhaps the javadoc is misleading (it comes from a high level
interface and the lower level implementations might do something slightly
different). Does the alignment image look correct? You might want to test
this with two shorter and perhaps quite similar sequences. Also, take a
look at the SmithWaterman approach, which does local alignments, rather
than global. Perhaps your two sequences are too far apart and the global
alignment does not yield good results...

Andreas