[Biojava-l] GSoC timeline

Andreas Prlic andreas at sdsc.edu
Sun Mar 24 16:37:50 UTC 2013

Hi,

The Open Bioinformatics Foundation just submitted our application for this
year's Google Summer of Code.  For a full timeline of the next couple of
weeks see the bottom of this message.

In the meanwhile we should still improve our project descriptions a bit:

All possible Mentors (also people that are interested in being co-mentor
but have not proposed a project) please update out GSoC page and add your
name to the list of mentors. For the project descriptions, it would be good
to improve the way the descriptions are structured.  Can we add the
following sections to each of the descriptions? Rationale, Approach &
Goals, Difficulty and needed skills

http://biojava.org/wiki/Google_Summer_of_Code

Here the timeline for GSoC for the next couple of weeks. (taken from:)

http://www.google-melange.com/gsoc/events/google/gsoc2013

April 1 - 5:Google program administrators review organization
applications.April
8:19:00 UTCList of accepted mentoring organizations published on the *Google
Summer of Code* 2013 site.April 9 - 21:Would-be student participants
discuss application ideas with mentoring organizations.April 22:19:00
UTCStudent
application period opens.May 3:19:00 UTCStudent application deadline.Interim
Period:Mentoring organizations review and rank student proposals; where
necessary, mentoring organizations may request further proposal detail from
the student applicant.May 6: Mentoring organizations should have requested
slots via their profile in Melange by this point. May 8:Slot allocations
published to mentoring organizationsInterim Period:Slot allocation trades
happen amongst organizations. Mentoring organizations review and rank
student proposals; where necessary, mentoring organizations may request
further proposal detail from the student applicant.May 22: First round of
de-duplication checks happens; organizations work together to try to
resolve as many duplicates as possible.May 24:

   1. All mentors must be signed up and all student proposals matched with
   a mentor - 07:00 UTC
   2. Student acceptance choice deadline.
   3. IRC meeting to resolve any outstanding duplicate accepted students -
   19:00 UTC #gsoc (organizations must send a delegate to represent them in
   this meeting regardless of if they are in a duplicate situation before the
   meeting.)

May 27:19:00 UTCAccepted student proposals announced on the *Google Summer
of Code* 2013 site.