[Biojava-l] GSoC 2012- Port an Algorithm to Java

Andreas Prlic andreas at sdsc.edu
Mon Mar 19 21:15:13 UTC 2012

Thanks Steve, good points.

Let's conclude this discussion with the take home message that
converting GPLed code to BioJava has licensing issues and requires
additional negotiations. Before embarking on such a project the
mentors will have a discussion about licensing with HHMI (or any other
license holder for other algorithms).

Andreas