[Biojava-l] Multiple Sequence Alignment - Limits?

Hannes Brandstätter-Müller biojava at hannes.oib.com
Wed Oct 19 07:32:25 UTC 2011

I'm currently running another test, now with even more memory for java
(500M) - it looks fine now so far. I'll re-check it later with the
other files that gave me some problems, and will report back later
today.

I had a "out of heap" exception when I tried it with the default
memory settings, and with 256M it seems to have swallowed some
sequences - I'll re-check and help you reproduce. It would be really
bad if the code would swallow sequences without error messages when
running out of memory, so I'll make sure I have proof :D

Hannes