[Biojava-l] Multiple Sequence Alignment - Limits?

Spencer Bliven sbliven at ucsd.edu
Wed Oct 19 07:22:55 UTC 2011

Hannes–

There should not be a limit on the number of sequences, nor should you be
running into a memory problem. The FastaParser should be able to read
thousands of sequences, since it is used for genome FASTA files as well as
multiple alignments. My guess would be either a malformed FASTA file
(perhaps a problem with line endings?), or else a problem with the code to
generate the MultipleAlignment. Can you post some code snippets?

-Spencer