[Biojava-l] losing meta-info after multiple sequence alignment

Hannes Brandstätter-Müller biojava at hannes.oib.com
Thu Oct 6 10:37:23 UTC 2011

Thanks, I'll try to add what I find out. It's a wiki after all. I'll
just ask the mailing list if things are unclear before I add stuff to
the wiki.

One thing that bugged me just now, and since I can't find documentation on it:

Why is a sequence indexed by 1-(n+1) instead of 0-n? That's rather
un-java-like, especially since you just get an OutOfBoundsException,
and the range is not specified in the javadoc, or I could not find it
easily in the complex class hierarchy.

Hannes