[Biojava-l] NullPointerException when using Alignments.getMultipleSequenceAlignment

Spencer Bliven sbliven at ucsd.edu
Wed Oct 5 17:39:42 UTC 2011

In the current SVN code (and therefor probably Biojava 3.0.2),
CookbookMSA.java includes that import statement but is otherwise identical
to the wiki version. It runs just fine for me. Probably updating to Biojava
3.0.2 will fix the null pointer exception.

This does highlight the problem of keeping the wiki synchronized with the
current BioJava version. Ideally, part of the release process could include
automated updating of the wiki cookbook from the SVN code, with older
versions available as a reference. However, I'm not sure that anyone would
be willing to set up such a complex release process.

-Spencer