[Biojava-l] BioJava in education

Andreas Prlic andreas at sdsc.edu
Fri Nov 4 23:11:46 UTC 2011

Hi,

to quickly follow up: A few people have contacted me off list that
they were introduced to BioJava through some course. Interestingly no
teachers though who arranged this. I would be interested in organising
the exchange of teaching materials. If anybody wants to exchange power
points, homework assignment ideas, etc.  please let me know.

Chris wrote:
> On a side note, have you seen the Java Evolutionary Biology Library?  Would be excellent to combine forces of these development efforts since JEBL is well-vetted (e.g., FigTree, BEAST, Geneious), though that's purely from a selfish user perspective.  ;-)

That is a great suggestion. Seems that project does not really have a
web presence. Any idea how to contact the main developers? There is no
mailing list. I guess one could try via sourceforge somehow.

Andreas