[Biojava-l] queries on biojava

Andreas Prlic andreas.prlic at gmail.com
Tue Nov 1 22:55:08 UTC 2011

Hi Parinita,

Please don't send BioJava related questions to me directly, but to the
mailing list.

Probably your genome sequences are very long and require a lot of
memory? Try increasing your Java memory to the maximum available on
your computer with something like -Xmx4G .

If this does not help and your DNA sequences are too long, you might
have to use either shorter DNA sequences, or you use one of the
alignment algorithms that are available for the alignment of larger
genomes.  Eg. Mummer might be one of the options.

Andreas