[Biojava-l] GSoC 2011

Andreas Prlic andreas at sdsc.edu
Sat Mar 26 16:43:48 UTC 2011

Hi Sunil,

> I have already started working on the coding exercise given in the wiki.
> I would like to know if there is a deadline for the coding exercise(like,
> does it count after the official application period opens up?), as i have

The main criteria to rank student applications will be the proposals.
As such I would put most of my energy into that. Last year we did
coding tests with some of the top ranking proposals as an additional
criteria for the ranking that will get submitted to Google, but that
was only after all the proposals had been submitted.

At this point I would really emphasize the need for a good project
plan. GSoC applications are highly competitive and only a very well
thought through proposal will have a chance.

Andreas