[Biojava-l] equality of proteins based on their aminoacid sequence signature

Andy Yates ayates at ebi.ac.uk
Thu Mar 10 12:47:32 UTC 2011

This is where the subject becomes murky & will probably mean that any code written for equals() & hashcode() will have to take them into account where present. However Sequence compound identity would still be available from another method but this will require an extension of the Sequence interface

Andy

--
Andrew Yates                   Ensembl Genomes Engineer
EMBL-EBI                       Tel: +44-(0)1223-492538