[Biojava-l] Project Ideas GSOC 2011

udana chathuranga uchathuranga at gmail.com
Wed Feb 9 18:45:55 UTC 2011

Hi Andreas,

First of all thanks for the guide.i have started reading the CookBook in
http://biojava.org/wiki/BioJava:CookBook. I have also did some sample coding
using the biojava3-core and found this
http://biojava.org/wiki/BioJava:CookBook:Core:FastaReadWrite and looked in
details about the fasta file format.About fasta file format I studied about
in the link http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/BLAST/fasta.shtml.

As you pointed out I have also looked in the last years two gsoc
projects.After going through those project I had this question what kinds of
modules that I can work on. I would like hear some suggestions about modules
that you are looking forward to.

I also like to know what kinds of file formats that I should look into in
the future in order to develop a good module to the system.

Thanks
regards
Udana