[Biojava-l] exception in DisplayAFP.createArtificialStructure

Daniel Asarnow dasarnow at gmail.com
Mon Aug 15 08:02:41 UTC 2011

I create the AtomCache as follows:

AtomCache cache = new AtomCache(pdbPath, divided);
FileParsingParameters params = new FileParsingParameters();
params.setAlignSeqRes(false);
params.setParseSecStruc(false);
params.setLoadChemCompInfo(false);
params.setParseCAOnly(true);
cache.setFileParsingParams(params);

My algorithmName is simply from CeMain.algorithmName or
FatCatFlexible.algorithmName, and I use the default CeParameters or
FatCatParameters.

I get the StructureException I described, and then a NullPointerException
when trying to access the artificial structure (I also test specifically
that the artificial structure is null).

My apologies for not adding that (about the NPE) previously, I made a bare
bones version of my method to remove my application-specific code and
looking at the output made me realize I hadn't mentioned it.

-da