[Biojava-l] bioclojure

Daniel Quest daniel.quest at gmail.com
Thu Aug 4 12:50:36 UTC 2011

Hey guys, before you get too far into this you may want to consider
Sun's JSR223.  In theory JSR223 would allow you to write some code in
Clojure, then write some code in plain old Java, then write some code
in python (Jython actually).  This would probably open up your
technology stack and allow others to play.  I successfully write code
in Groovy using BioJava and that is kind of fun.  One important thing
to consider:
As far as I know ScriptEngine implementations are is incorrect for
Clojure and jRuby. They are not using bindings correctly. You may want
to nag the authors about this.  Rhino, Groovy, AppleScript, and
Gremlin are all languages that are correctly implementing the
specification. Jython apparently recently updated its implementations
of JSR 223 to also be compliant.

Just thought I would pass this information along.
-Daniel