[Biojava-l] Questions related to biojava

Andreas Prlic andreas.prlic at gmail.com
Wed Oct 13 19:18:12 UTC 2010

Hi Madhu,

best to keep such mails on the mailing list, otherwise they might get lost
in my flood of emails... see my reply below.

On Wed, Oct 13, 2010 at 12:08 PM, Madhusudan Gujral <mgujral2000 at hotmail.com
> wrote:

>  Hi Andreas,
>
>  I have couple of questions related to biojava. I would greatly appreciate
> if you could provide directions.
>
>  Is the biojava version 3.0 mature?
>  Is there any pom file for biojava that I can work with?
>  Is there a single tool to validate a fasta file?

- biojava 3.0 is in preparation of getting released. It is not release ready
but some of the modules are already used in some production environments
-  not sure what you mean with this question. You can see the source code in
SVN/git and there is also an automated build server providing snapshot
builds that can be used for Maven installations.
- what kind of vallidation do you have in mind? biojava3-core can do FASTA
parsing for you...

Andreas