[Biojava-l] [Biojava-dev] Bug fix for Biojava in regard to email with subject : ( Hibernate Exception and suggestion for change in BioSqlSchema)

Peter biopython at maubp.freeserve.co.uk
Thu Mar 25 22:16:55 UTC 2010

On Thu, Mar 25, 2010 at 6:46 PM, Deepak Sheoran
<deepak.sheoran at orionbiosciences.com> wrote:

> That is reason why I was getting error when i was creating a Richsequence
> object without any active session to biosql, I didn't had the clue that I
> created one more bug by fixing one, thanks for noticing that and fixing
> that.
>
> I am thinking should we use bioperl -biojava and biosql compatibility  as
> one of the google summer of code project. I have vision on this, but don't
> know right way to being with. This can  help people who want to use biojava
> but can't because they are afraid to loos their Perl code,which is heavily
> dependent on perl way of loading the schema. Or come out with a hybrid way
> which have good from both languages.
>
> Deepak Sheoran

That is an interesting idea for GSoC, I wonder if we at Biopython
should do the same. I know of a few things where we differ from
BioPerl's BioSQL support (e.g. SwissProt comment lines).

[I take we agree that bioperl-db is the de facto reference
implementation for mapping GenBank etc into BioSQL?]

Peter