[Biojava-l] Question about All-Java Multiple Sequence Alignment project of Google Summer of Code

Yiwei Zhang zhangyiwei79 at gmail.com
Thu Mar 25 20:14:50 UTC 2010

Hi,

I am a graduate student of computer science and my field of study is related
to Bioinformatic algorithms. I am proficient at  JAVA programming. I feel
very interested in this project because currently I am working on sequence
alignment and phylogeny tree reconstruction.

My question is that, if the project requires implementing the existing
alignment algorithms of current tools, what is the
original implementation language of the tools? C++ or C or something else?

Thanks!