[Biojava-l] SITE records in PDBFileReader

Amr AL-Hossary amr_alhossary at hotmail.com
Fri Aug 27 11:57:16 UTC 2010

I sent the updated code as an attachment to the group, as well as to Andreas
Prlic<andreas at sdsc.edu>; Steve Darnell<darnells at dnastar.com>;
jacobsen at ebi.ac.uk<jacobsen at ebi.ac.uk>; to be reviewed for submission.

It seems that the group daemon prevents attachments whatever small is their
size.
Please feed me back if it wasn't delivered correctly.

This submitted updates handle dealing with "SITE" records to a sufficient
degree (but didn't handle REMARK 800 yet)

to achieve this goal I had to create a new bean called "Residue". It is
implemented as a static inner class inside PDBSite (and it can be extracted
to be a top level class if needed).

I created it because I couldn't use any of the subclasses of Group class
(e.g. HOH is  neither an amino acid, nor a nucleotide).

I guess this should be discussed on the biojava-dev mail list if any body is
interested and if it suits the list policy.
I also have some comments on the already present code that needs to be
discussed. to whom shall I address my comments?

Regards

Amr