[Biojava-l] SVDSuperimposer

Raphael André Bauer raphael.andre.bauer at gmail.com
Mon May 11 09:10:48 UTC 2009

On Fri, May 8, 2009 at 7:37 PM, Andreas Prlic <andreas at sdsc.edu> wrote:
> Hi Raphael,
>
> Thanks for posting the link to "LaJolla" (funny that you chose this
> name, it is the part of the town where my university is located...).
> This is very interesting and exactly the kind of applications we are
> happy to see BioJava being used for.
Well. Phil Bourne and the PDB are there (and I think you are also
somehow connected to both)... I also heard that LaJolla might have
nice beaches, sunny weather and the surf?... So LaJolla definitely is
a good name for a boring structural RNA and protein alignment
algorithm...

> Do you want to provide a link back to your project site at
> http://biojava.org/wiki/BioJava:BioJavaInside and also add your paper
> to the list of papers that are using BioJava?
done

> About the  BioJava algorithm : If you have an example where the
> BioJava structure comparison does not give the result you would
> expect, could you send it to me so I can take a look ?
I did not write down the examples (I thought, that the protein
alignment of BioJava is somehow alpha because of "personal
communication of..."). But the examples where simple. If I rediscover
them I will  let you know.

Maybe it is also of help to mention in the source code or on the
webpage of the cookbook: "If our protein alignment alg delivers
strange results please let us now..." or so.. So that users are aware
of submitting strange results...

Thanks,

Raphael