[Biojava-l] fjoin algorithm implementation in Java (submission to BioJava)

JP jp at javaclass.co.uk
Tue Mar 24 12:51:49 UTC 2009

Hi there at BioJava,

I have implemented an algorithm in Java for efficient computation of feature
overlap (fjoin algorithm: described in
http://www.liebertonline.com/doi/abs/10.1089/cmb.2006.13.1457 and the actual
paper here http://www.liebertonline.com/doi/pdf/10.1089/cmb.2006.13.1457) as
part of an MSc project in Bioinformatics at Imperial College (London).

I have looked at biojava to see if the implementation of this algorithm
already exists and it didn't (a simple search for "fjoin" returns no
results) so after I implemented it I thought I'd submit it and maybe spare a
few hours development to someone else (or in the true open source spirit
someone might find a bug or improve this).

Is this possible and how do I go about moving this forward (I did have a
read through the website, and could find anythign related to submission).

Keep up the Good Work,
Jean-Paul Ebejer, Malta.