[Biojava-l] Ontology OBO is_a TERMs

Andreas Prlic andreas at sdsc.edu
Thu Jul 23 17:37:27 UTC 2009

I am the one who added the OboFileHandler (based on some original code
from obo-edit). I was not sure how best to build up the datastructure
representing the relationships in a memory efficient way at that time,
so I left it out . Does anybody already have a solution from another
project for that, that we could use here?  Both links and triples
sound like reasonable approaches to me. I think the original ideas in
the Ontology framework were to support triples. I can have a look how
difficult it would be to build up the hierarchy using that.  (after I
added some feature requests for the structure modules...)

Andreas