[Biojava-l] Ontology OBO is_a TERMs

Peter Midford peter.midford at gmail.com
Thu Jul 23 15:39:56 UTC 2009

JP,
       No, these are not just annotations to terms, and the code
jumbles together several things that should be separated.  To properly
handle the IS_A key, you will have to build the hierarchy, which you
can do OBO style using links or restrictions (which I believe are a
subclass of links in OBO, rather than adding an intermediate class to
the ontology) or OWL style using triples (Subject, Predicate, Object)
where is_a would be your predicate.  I assume the other key values
that look like set operations are for building restrictions.

Peter