[Biojava-l] Problem with blast file parser

Marcin Swiatek marcin.swiatek at mail.mcgill.ca
Thu Jan 29 21:56:29 UTC 2009

I personally would. Especially that I have just solved the problem
myself, unaware that someone did that already.

BTW: the problem I picked up (which seems similar to the description
given) was that new set line (as evaluated by checkNewBlastLikeDataSet
in BlastSAXParser) wasn't picked up by HitSectionSAXParser and neither
it percolated up to BlastSAXParser, thus leaving the state machine of
the parser in a weird state. It would recover by skipping everything up
to the next data set (thus the result of having every other item
processed).

BTW2: XML parser in 1.6 doesn't deal with new BLAST files either (2.19,
was it?). Has this been fixed in the SVN repository?

Cheers,

Marcin