[Biojava-l] Genebank Webservices ?

Richard Holland holland at eaglegenomics.com
Thu Jan 8 11:07:43 UTC 2009

There is no generic interface to NCBI eUtils in BioJava, but one is planned.

In the meantime take a look at this existing BioJava 1.6 package, which
will query Genbank for a sequence and return a BioJava RichSequence
object containing the result. You can then search through the
annotations and features of the sequence to find the result you need.

This is for Gene records:

http://biojava.org/docs/api/org/biojavax/bio/db/ncbi/GenbankRichSequenceDB.html

Or the equivalent for Peptide records:

http://biojava.org/docs/api/org/biojavax/bio/db/ncbi/GenpeptRichSequenceDB.html