[Biojava-l] Genebank Webservices ?

Ashika Umanga Umagiliya aumanga at biggjapan.com
Thu Jan 8 08:58:09 UTC 2009

Greetings all,

I come from a computer science background and only have little knowledge
in bioinformatics.
In the application I develop,I want to search for an genebank id (like
4558277) from ncbi and want to retrieve the relavent PDB_ID.

For example :
Say for id '4558277', i get the result

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/sites/entrez?db=gene&cmd=search&term=4558277

I can see the value '1F58_L' which is only significant to me.

I want to know where there is any webservice to do retrive this information.

That means, I send '4558277'  in SOAP input parameters and in the result
I should get the value '1F58_L' .

I found following webservices and want to know whether I can use the one
for 'Gene' :

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/query/static/esoap_help.html

thanks in advance,
umanga