[Biojava-l] Saving back chromatogram?

Ashika Umanga Umagiliya aumanga at biggjapan.com
Fri Feb 20 05:48:45 UTC 2009

Greetings all,

Thank you for all your answers.
What I want to do is ,after modifying callbases, I need to use the
sequences with 'phrad' foro DNA assembly.For 'phrad', I need to give
Fasta files and Quality files.
I can modify callbases using my chromatogram editor , and save the new
sequence in Fasta file.But my problem is , If I change the original
callbases from AB1  file ,does it effect the Qualitiy files also? Or can
I use the original Quality files generated by 'phred' with  the new
callbases.

Here is a image demonstrating my scenario:

http://img3.imageshack.us/img3/3564/f92df0815fab523f3c72aa3qx7.png

Step (2) Ab1 files are passed into 'phred' and Fasta,Quality files are
generated.
Step (3) If user want to edit callbases , he can use the chromatogram
editor.Then the Fasta files generated by 'phred' are replaced with new
onces generated by editor.

My problem is can I use the same Quality files ,with  the modified
callbases ?

Sorry if this is off the topic.

Thanks in advance,
Umanga