[Biojava-l] Different chain lengths using struc.getChainByPDB and iterating over a structure and it's chain

Raphael André Bauer raphael.andre.bauer at gmail.com
Tue Feb 3 19:01:09 UTC 2009

On Tue, Feb 3, 2009 at 4:30 PM, Andreas Prlic <andreas.prlic at gmail.com> wrote:
>> 1) If I use
>>
>> //struc being the parsed pdb file
>> returnChain = struc.getChainByPDB("A", 1);
>>
>> I get chain A EXCEPT everything after the TER (ZN and ADE is excluded
>> in this example).
>
> This seems wrong. You should get the full chain here. TERs are getting
> ignored. Let me check what might cause this. You are on the latest version
> from svn?
Thanks for the quick response. And sorry for having bothered you -
after writing a quick unit test it became pretty clear that it is my
own fault. I thought I double checked that yesterday (and I should
write the unit test before writing to the list - I know). The
"supposed-to-be-bug-but-was-my-own-failure" came from
setParseCAOnly().

Sorry and thanks again!

Raphael