[Biojava-l] Editing a RichSequence

Ian Yi-Feng Chang cif077 at gmail.com
Mon Apr 20 23:11:48 UTC 2009

Dear All,
I've a problem while editing a richsequence.
and got this exception:
Exception in thread "main" org.biojava.utils.ChangeVetoException:
AbstractSymbolList is immutable
	at org.biojava.bio.symbol.AbstractSymbolList.edit(AbstractSymbolList.java:113)

	at org.biojavax.bio.seq.DummyRichSequenceHandler.edit(DummyRichSequenceHandler.java:31)
	at org.biojavax.bio.seq.ThinRichSequence.edit(ThinRichSequence.java:163)
	at gizmo.tools.GBKCurator.main(GBKCurator.java:176)

I trace this problem in this mailing list and find a latest thread
in** *Wed Feb 20 21:33:39 EST 2008*

However, I still have no idea how to

Here is the solution (from the JavaDoc)

 SimpleRichSequenceBuilderFactory public
SimpleRichSequenceBuilderFactory(SymbolListFactory fact, int threshold)
 Creates a new instance of SimpleRichSequenceBuilderFactory that uses
a specified factory for SymbolLists longer than a specified length.
Before that a SimpleSymbolListFacotry is used.

 Parameters:
fact - the factory to use when building the
SymbolList.threshold - the threshold to exceed before using this factory

However, could you please help to demonstrate how to use this solution
to edit a richsequence?

Thank you so much.

ian chang