[Biojava-l] SubSequence Help

Ella Veitch ella.veitch at gmail.com
Thu Nov 6 11:38:14 UTC 2008

Hi guys- new here hope this is the right medium for getting questions
answered.

I hope someone can shed some light as to what i am doing wrong here
I am trying to extract subsequence data from a RichSequence as follows:

	RichSequenceIterator seqs=RichSequence.IOTools.readFastaDNA(input, ns);
	RichSequence rs=seqs.nextRichSequence();

	return RichSequence.Tools.subSequence(rs, startCoord,
endCoord,rs.getNamespace(),seqName,
				rs.getAccession(), rs.getIdentifier(),
rs.getVersion(),rs.getSeqVersion());

When I check my result againt the expected i find that for example
5001-5175 yeilds a sequence located at 10001 and 10175

Any insights as to why?

I hope so

Thanks for your help

Ella