[Biojava-l] how to get properties of a Feature from a GenBank file

Andreas Prlic ap3 at sanger.ac.uk
Fri Mar 28 10:50:34 UTC 2008

>> These are good points.  Can we generify interfaces without
>> breaking them?

I don;t think that adding generics will break anything, e.g.

old code:

public interface MyTest {
	public Set getFeatures()
}

then some code that uses this:

public void myFoo(){

	MyTest test = new MyTestImpl();

	Set features = test.getFeatures();
}

this call will not break, even if we change the MyTest interface to:

	public Set<Feature> getFeatures()

MyTestImpl will get some warnings (in my eclipse), to ensure the type
safety, but that is all.

Andreas

Andreas Prlic      Wellcome Trust Sanger Institute
                               Hinxton, Cambridge CB10 1SA, UK
                               +44 (0) 1223 49 6891