[Biojava-l] Problem

Saif Ur-Rehman su24 at st-andrews.ac.uk
Thu Mar 27 17:46:38 UTC 2008

Dear All,

I am attempting to split up a Fasta file of an entire genomes amino acid
sequences into separate files for each individual gene. I am simply reading the
Fasta file of the entire genome as a Sequence Db and then iterating around it
creating a new file for each Sequence and writing it out to that file. However
out of a Fasta file containing 13465 genes only 12945 are written out to their
own individual files. This does not occur in files which lack the termination
symbol i.e do not use the Alphabet ("PROTEIN_TERM"). I was wondering if you
could suggest any reason why this might occur as I am completely mystified.

Thanking you in advance,

Saif

Saif Ur-Rehman
Research Student
The Centre for Evolution, Genes & Genomics (CEGG)
Dyers Brae
School of Biology
The University of St Andrews
St Andrews,