[Biojava-l] BioJava 3 work begins

Richard Holland dicknetherlands at gmail.com
Thu Jun 19 12:10:15 UTC 2008

Hello all. We are about to start coding the first bits of the new
BioJava 3 modules.

We would like to document code in parallel to writing it, and also to
write code based on use-cases rather than what we just think might be
useful. We already have a design document based on the discussions
late last year and included in that is a plan for how the internals
will work, but now we need some use-cases so that code can be written
to solve real-life problems first rather than just theoretical ones.

Please add any use-cases you can think of to the following Wiki page.
Doesn't matter if they're simple (e.g. read a file in a given format)
or really complex (e.g. serve up a bunch of Genbank files to a
web-based query interface). All will be considered and we as a team
will do our best to include as many as we can, aiming to solve all of
them if possible.

http://biojava.org/w/index.php?title=BioJava_3_Use_Cases&action=edit

cheers,
Richard