[Biojava-l] [sort of off topic] Java data mining APIs

Michael Heuer heuermh at acm.org
Tue Jun 10 04:55:32 UTC 2008

Mark Schreiber wrote:

> Hi -
>
> I am wanting to develop something to do some datamining of translational
> data (sequence clinical and microarray). I want to make use of an already
> existing data mining API.

Bah, that's no fun.  ;)

> Ones I have found so far are RapidMiner (YALE), WEKA and JDM (which seems to
> be a JSR).  Does anyone have any views on which is good or useful (or not)?

Some of what you need might be in Colt (e.g. hep.aida packages).

JScience has nice maths APIs

> http://jscience.org/api/overview-summary.html

Alias-i LingPipe 3.5.0 is a commercial product focused on text-mining.  A
lot of the API is generic though.

> http://alias-i.com/lingpipe/docs/api/overview-summary.html

Or how about biojava 3.x?

A lot of interesting new use cases in translational fields...

   michael