[Biojava-l] GFF Parsing

Richard Holland dicknetherlands at gmail.com
Wed Jun 4 19:34:21 UTC 2008

Hello. BioJavaX has no GFF parser yet, but we would most certainly
welcome one. It'd have to be a from-scratch parser although you could
certainly use the BJ2 parser as reference for working out what to put
where in the object model. The idea of the BJX parsers was to make
better use of the object model than the BJ2 ones, so you might have to
move a few things to more appropriate slots.

Also, take a look on the BioJava website about our discussions for
BioJava 3 - on which work will start shortly.

Thanks for your interest!

cheers,
Richard