[Biojava-l] Editing a RichSequence

Jolyon Holdstock jolyon.holdstock at ogt.co.uk
Fri Feb 15 14:44:57 UTC 2008

Hi

Hi,

I am trying to edit a Genbank sequence.
The code I'm using is as follows:

[code]
richSeq = RichSequence.IOTools.readGenbankDNA(new BufferedReader(new
FileReader(new File("U00096.gbk"))), null).nextRichSequence();

SymbolList sl1 = DNATools.createDNA("AAAGGGTTTCCC");
Edit editOne = new Edit(47078, 2690, sl1);
richSeq.edit(editOne);

[/code]

When it runs it gives the following error

ChangeVetoException: org.biojava.utils.ChangeVetoException:
AbstractSymbolList is immutable

I have used the code for a smaller sequence (15kb, compared with 4Mb)
and it works.

Does anyone have an idea why this is not working?

Thanks,

Jolyon

Jolyon Holdstock Ph.D.
Senior Computational Biologist,
Oxford Gene Technology,
Begbroke Science Park,
Sandy Lane, Yarnton
Oxford, OX5 1PF

Tel: +44 (0)1865 856852
Fax: +44 (0)1865 842116

Oxford Gene Technology (Operations) Ltd. Registered in England
No:03845432 Begbroke Science Park, Sandy Lane, Yarnton, Oxford, OX5 1PF.

Confidentiality Notice: The contents of this email from the Oxford Gene
Technology Group of Companies are confidential and intended solely for
the person to whom it is addressed. It may contain privileged and
confidential information. If you are not the intended recipient you must
not read, copy, distribute, discuss or take any action in reliance on
it.