[Biojava-l] reverse translation

Kneisler, John (Raytheon) John.Kneisler at USPTO.GOV
Thu Aug 21 01:22:28 UTC 2008

I am new to BioJava and I am trying to write a reverse translation
function.  Find the most probable DNA symbolList using a  given a
protein symbolList and a translation table.  I tried using an RNA
alphabet and protein alphabet and then I tried to use the
SimpleReversibleTranslationTable's untranslate method and I got an
"org.biojava.bio.symbol.IllegalAlphabetException: Couldn't create
translation table as the alphabets were different sizes:".  Is there any
way to create a reverse translation function using the BioJava
framework?

Thanks

John