[Biojava-l] ChromatogramFactory fails on Windows and Mac

Richard Holland holland at ebi.ac.uk
Mon Sep 24 07:59:20 UTC 2007

Could this be an encoding problem with the XML file in the JAR? i.e.
Linux and Windows generally use different text encodings and so may
misinterpret some of the characters in the XML file, generating the
errors you see. I suppose this could be an issue if the Windows
environment is running internationalisation under a non-Western-European
character set, whereas the Linux box is running with an English
character set.

Unfortunately I do not have access to a Windows machine to test this on.

Do any other BJ developers out there have access to a Windows machine
that they can investigate this with?

cheers,
Richard